i-law is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
1. This Protocol shall be open for signature at London from 1 December 1984 to 30 November 1985 by any State which has signed the 1984 Liability Convention.
2. Subject to paragraph 4, this Protocol shall be ratified, accepted or approved by States which have signed it.
3. Subject to paragraph 4, this Protocol is open for accession by States which did not sign it.
4. This Protocol may be ratified, accepted, approved or acceded to, only by States which have ratified, accepted, approved or acceded to the 1984 Liability Convention.
5. Ratification, acceptance, approval or accession shall be effected by the deposit of a formal instrument to that effect with the Secretary-General of the Organisation.
6. A State which is a Party to this Protocol but is not a Party to the 1971 Fund Convention shall be bound by the provisions of the 1971 Fund Convention as amended by this Protocol in relation to other Parties hereto, but shall not be bound by the provisions of the 1971 Fund Convention in relation to Parties thereto.
7. Any instrument of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession deposited after the entry into force of an amendment to the 1971 Fund Convention as amended by this Protocol shall be deemed to apply to the Convention so amended, as modified by such amendment.
1. This Protocol shall enter into force twelve months following the date on which the following requirements are fulfilled:
2. However, this Protocol shall not enter into force before the 1984 Liability Convention has entered into force.
The rest of this document is only available to i-law.com online
If you are already a subscriber, please enter your details below to log in.
Not yet an i-law subscriber?
Request a trial