i-law is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
This Protocol shall be open for signature by the States which have ratified the Convention or which have adhered thereto before the 27th May 1967, and by any State represented at the twelfth session of the Diplomatic Conference on Maritime Law.
1. This Protocol shall be ratified.
2. Ratification of this Protocol by any State which is not a Party to the Convention shall have the effect of accession to the Convention.
3. The instruments of ratification shall be deposited with the Belgian Government.
1. States, Members of the United Nations or Members of the specialised agencies, not represented at the twelfth session of the Diplomatic Conference on Maritime Law, may accede to this Protocol.
2. Accession to this Protocol shall have the effect of accession to the Convention.
3. The instruments of accession shall be deposited with the Belgian Government.
4. The Protocol shall come into force in respect of the acceding State one month after the date of deposit of the instrument of accession of that State, but not before the date of entry into force of the Protocol as established by Article IV(1).
1. This Protocol shall come into force one month after the deposit of five instruments of ratification.
2. This Protocol shall come into force, in respect of each signatory State which ratifies it after the deposit of the fifth instrument of ratification, one month after the date of deposit of the instrument of ratification of that State.
1. Any Contracting State may denounce this Protocol by notification to the Belgian Government.
2. This denunciation shall have the effect of denunciation of the Convention.
3. The denunciation shall take effect one year after the date on which the notification has been received by the Belgian Government.
1. Any Contracting State may at the time of signature, ratification or accession to this Convention or at any time thereafter declare by written notification to the Belgian Government which among the territories under its sovereignty or for whose international relations it is responsible, are those to which the present Protocol applies. The Protocol shall one month after the date of the receipt of such notification by the Belgian Government extend to the territories named therein, but not before the date of the coming into force of the Protocol in respect of such State.
2. This extension also shall apply to the Convention if the latter is not yet applicable to those territories.
3. Any Contracting State which has made a declaration under paragraph 1 of this Article may at any time thereafter declare by notification given to the Belgian Government that the Protocol shall cease to extend to such territory. This denunciation shall take effect one year after the date on which notification thereof has been received by the Belgian Government; it also shall apply to the Convention.
The rest of this document is only available to i-law.com online
If you are already a subscriber, please enter your details below to log in.
Not yet an i-law subscriber?
Request a trial